The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) is a special non-immigrant visa for foreign nationals who would like to make the Philippines their second home or investment destination.
1. Indefinite stay with multiple-entry/exit privileges;
2. Exemption from:
• Philippine Bureau of Immigration ACR-I Card (Annual Report)
• Customs duties & taxes for one time importation of household goods & personal effects worth up to US$7,000.00 Tax from pensions & annuities
• Travel Tax, if retiree has not stayed in the Philippines for more than 1 year from last date of entry
• Student Visa/Study Permit
3. Access to the Greet & Assist Program at selected Philippine airports;
4. Free subscription to the PRA Newsletter;
5. Discount privileges from PRA accredited Merchant Partners;
6. Free assistance in transacting with other government agencies;
7. Entitlement to PHILHEALTH benefits & privileges.
For active/healthy retirees, who opt to maintain their SRR Visa deposit of US$20,000.00 in any of the PRA Accredited Banks.
For active/healthy retirees, who opt to use their SRR Visa deposit into active investment such as the purchase of condominium unit* or long term lease of house & lot. The SRR Visa deposit is as follows:
•50 years old & above: US$ 10,000.00 (with a pension)**
US$ 20,000.00 (without pension)
*The value of the property must at least be US$50,000.00
**Required pension of at least US$ 800 for single / US$1,000 for couple
SRRV HUMAN TOUCH
For ailing retirees, 50 years old & above, who need/require medical/clinical care. A monthly pension of at least US$1,500.00, a health insurance policy accepted in the Philippines, and an SRR Visa deposit of US$10,000.00 are required.
For former Filipinos, 50 years old & above. For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired officers of International Organizations recognized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). An SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 is required.
SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY
For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required. The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.
PRINCIPAL APPLICANTS Must be foreign nationals or former Fiiipino citizens who are at least 35 years old DEPENDENTS SPOUSE must be legally married to the Principal Retiree. CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.
- Original valid Passport with valid /updated Temporary Visitor’s Visa;
- Accomplished PRA Application Form;
- Original valid Medical Clearance;
- Original valid Police Clearance from country of origin, and an additional NBI Clearance, if applicant has stayed in the Philippines for over 30 days from last date of entry;
- Photos (8 pieces, 2″x2″);
- SRR Visa deposit that is inwardly remitted;
US$1,400.00 Principal applicant
US$ 300.00 Dependent applicant
Annual Fee of US$360.00 (for the Principal & 2 dependents)
- Marriage Certificate for joining dependent-spouse
Birth Certificate for joining dependent-child.
Additional requirements may be requested depending on the SRR Visa Option to be chosen by the SRRV applicant. The Medical and Police Clearances are valid up to 6 months from date of issuance. All documents issued outside of the Philippines must be translated in English, if necessary, and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consular Office nearest the applicant’s residence.